Winbond BH-5 vs. Samsung TCCD, Which One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace No-Money

In Runtime
I want the best memory bandwidth for my athlon xp-m/nforce2 system. What kind of memory do i want, considering, with an OCZ Voltage booster, voltage is no issue.

Do I look for Winbond BH-5 or Samsung TCCD Chips?

I know that BH-5's can do 2-2-2 timings, and I would hope for at least 250mhz overclock if i use them. Can TCCD chips even have 2-2-2 timngs @ DDR400?

Tell me what i want, and what kind of memory uses the chips.

Budget= 1gb for ~$150

Thanks!

TCCD does higher speeds with looser timings, BH-5 does about 250HTT with 2-2-2-5-1T timings.

yea
some tccd will do 2-2-2-5 timings easy and some won't. i would et bh-5 but thats cos i would oc my ram for max bandwidth and then use deviders

BH-5s have been known to do 2-2-2-5 270MHz with excess voltage, eg 3.6v+...you need to keep them actively cool though and you have to increase your vcore or you risk frying your memory controller

TCCDs are generally the best choice as the good ones were known to do DDR600 3-3-3-8 2.9v...an average set will still do 280-290 on ok timings so generally TCCD > BH-5...however your budget may not be able to get you good TCCDs or you may get the crappier TCC5 ICs

and you have to increase your vcore or you risk frying your memory controller
he said XP-M, NFORCE2 BAKA!! no mem controllers.

On an Nforce2 board you'll be lucky to even get up to 250MHz just because the north bridge won't want to handle it. You'll need aftermarket cooling on the northbridge, pump extra voltage to the NB as well and if your board can't supply enough a voltage mod may be in order.

Considering 250Mhz would be very lucky on an nf2 platform I'd go with BH-5's just so you can use 2-2-2-5 timings all the way but it'll still require atleast 3.2v dimm probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom