Will upgrade Bios F2 -> F6 help o/c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max2559

Baseband Member
THE QUESTION:

Well - its just as the subject says really - will upgrading the bios to F6 on my ga965P-DS4 help my overclock. (With e6600)

I have so far not managed to past 2.7 stable.

Gigabytes website says that F2 improves overclocking... but none of the others do. - - - Can somone confirm that this is the case... or do the later Bios versions really help?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE BACKGROUND

I know it isnt the cpu holding me back as ive had it on a different DS4 board running at 3.4 stable (but that had F6 on it).

You might be asking yourself - Why hasnt he just tried updating the bios to see if it helps!?... But the simple answer is that i just got another DS4 board back from, as when i bumped the Multiplier up to 9 from 8 (was at 400x8 = 3.2) the board just died. (Check sum error... no joy in resetting CMOS).

I have already had to reset the cmos on the new DS4 i bought (so now i have 2 DS4 boards, current one in use running F2) as the bios update tool (@bios) crashed. Booted fine on factory defaults... and seems to be ok on F2 still.

And so... in conclusion i just dont want to have to update bios again unless i have to as im just scared of it going wrong again.

Im aware that some boards overclock better than others... and i still dont know if the RMA board (which previously ran 3.4 stable) has come back with F2 or F6 on it. If its F6 im laughing... and id stick with that one as i know it clocks well.

I think i might have to just change out the boards to see what Bios is on the board which i know performs well... ugh sigh hassle!

Any help/advice welcome.

i have a gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 and after i downloaded the update f6 it worked allot better and it even had some extra features so id reccomend you do update (also i think f7 has been released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom