This will be obvious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukem

Where am I again?
I know I have A LOT to learn!!! but I'm going to ask this anyway...

I understand the premise behind all the benchmarks and OCing, but where does one FIND all the programs to do all of it with??

As always... Forever curious,

Nuke

which can be done in windows, but it is better to do it in the bios.

3dmark aqua mark are bench test programs.

Yea, but I see pics with all these different windows. So what I see is all from bios? I have seen those windows before... messed with them MANY times, but these I see look like window's based type windows. ??? Maybe it's just me being brain-dead right now... who knows...

you dont need to OC in the BIOS, If you have a motherboard made by MSI you can download "MSI fuzzy Logic v4" and OC with that. its the simplest way.

Yea, but I see pics with all these different windows. So what I see is all from bios? I have seen those windows before... messed with them MANY times, but these I see look like window's based type windows. ??? Maybe it's just me being brain-dead right now... who knows...
Yeah those are benching programs like sisoftware sandra or SuperPI, some are CPU-Z which is showing details of your CPU and what HTT or FSB you used with what multiplier.

Don't OC within windows. It's the laziest and worst way to OC unless you absolutely have no other option.

Overclocking within the BIOS is the way to go for safety reasons and you'll learn more IMO. Graphics cards are the only thing you have to OC within windows.

Right now I have a Socket 478 3.4 Prescott... Not bad, but I'm starting to get interested in all the OC, but I want to learn as much first... I'm not like you guys and made of money! :)

Thanks though, for the info...

Nuke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom