Will my cpu bottleneck my gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone assumes that disabling vsync is the way to go. but why is vsync there in the first place? to stop screen tearing. for me disabling it is not even an option because disabled vsync = massive screen tearing.

edit: and how can you say that its well optimized for the pc when **** like random fps drops happen constantly? im sure a lot of people would agree that its bad optimization. though the amount of glitches ive personally experienced is also unacceptable imo. pre ordered my steam copy for 60(!) bucks and spent at least 5 hours tweaking things around just to get it to play close to the way it should out of the box. never happening again

also, Tarmash, why not invest in a good cooler and OC the cpu? or is there another reason why you cant overclock?
Hmm screen tearing, or FPS drops that cause you to restart the game to make it go away? I would rather deal with tearing, which on my system almost never occurs. I also run a high amount of AA. It is actually enabled by default in a lot of games, as well as FPS caps are very common. It is well optimized for the PC simply because IMO it runs better on the PC AND any problems that do occur can be fixed without waiting for official patches. I have watched my gf play it on 360 since before I got it on PC and I have seen more bugs on console than I have witnessed on my PC in the 60+ hours I've been playing the game. The only game breaking bug that has occurred to me was the Esber no sound issue which was easily fixed on PC. Bad optimization would be Crysis. With everything you have said, I'm going to guess you haven't been playing TES games since the beginning lol.

lol true i havent, not as they were released at least. but let's agree it still doesnt make it ok to rush the product and leave a bunch of bugs in it, assuming the customer will spend a bunch of their time fixing every little thing that pops up, and some things like fps fluctuation i still cant find a fix for. for me personally vsync is life saving as i get bad headaches if i play with screen tearing for a long time, and my pc/monitor does suffer from that. meh, doesnt really matter to me anymore, after 45 hours in as a mage im pretty bored with it already, havent turned it on in 2 days. not really interested in any other class maybe thats why

lol true i havent, not as they were released at least. but let's agree it still doesnt make it ok to rush the product and leave a bunch of bugs in it, assuming the customer will spend a bunch of their time fixing every little thing that pops up, and some things like fps fluctuation i still cant find a fix for. for me personally vsync is life saving as i get bad headaches if i play with screen tearing for a long time, and my pc/monitor does suffer from that. meh, doesnt really matter to me anymore, after 45 hours in as a mage im pretty bored with it already, havent turned it on in 2 days. not really interested in any other class maybe thats why
While working on the product since 2006 I doubt hardly that they rushed it. They have basically tweaked the same engine since Morrowind and with that much change there is going to be an increasing amount of bugs each release. While having closed testing in HQ I'm sure it must be ridiculously hard to try and come up with every bug possible with every variation of PC that might run the program. While being such an open world and expansive program that is a lot of bugs to think of. Though I admit it is tedial to do all the tweaks, it still makes the game drastically better so worth every bit of time needed to mod the game. My copy looks at the least 10x better than console with everything I have done and not even any of that is needed to fully enjoy the game as I almost completely beat the main quest on vanilla Skyrim. With that being said, I'd say it was worth the money because almost every game out there being released can't hold my attention for more than a few hours. For a game to have me log in 60+.....nuff said. They also allow such a vast modding community to do the things they do to add replay value to the game to get a different experience each time. When I messed up my character yesterday I was mad but not that mad. It just means that later on I can re-experience the game with much higher quality textures and all kinds of extra mods and perks. That, is where your money goes. The same can be said for myself in Morrowind and Oblivion (even though Morrowind still seems like more of a legit RPG experience to me). I don't really have any games right now worth a second play through that was released after 2008.

An example of a rushed product would be Battlefield 3. Release day patch on a simple FPS is kind of ridiculous. Everything is pretty linear meaning that there shouldn't be that many bugs to begin with.

also, Tarmash, why not invest in a good cooler and OC the cpu? or is there another reason why you cant overclock?

Well overclocking my cpu is something i've always wanted to do, but i bought a gateway computer and the warranty is gone. So if i overclocked and broke it i could not just RMA my cpu, am i right? Also i wouldn't know where to start on how to cool it either. The case is already pretty small considering i jammed in that huge 6970 lightning and drilled holes in the side of my metal case to keep it at decent temps lol. The link to my computer specs is on my original post at the top if you want to give me any advice.

Also i think my bios would be hard to unlock if not impossible in regards to overclocking :(. Sad cause i would really go for it if i could find a ray of hope.

If your gonna buy a new cpu just wait for ivy bridge coming out next quarter i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom