Will it get me to 3.0Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't be too difficult. I have the E6300, and I can hit 3Ghz, but it is hard and needs very high voltages. My motherboard is 975X chipset. The 965P can hit much higher FSB.

I am currently running 2.94GHz. Memory at 420MHz. To hit 3.00 I would have to lower my mem to be stable, even though my mem is PC2-7200 (450MHz).

should be to hard like people said, just get a tuniq tower, zalman or thermalright ultra 120 with artic silver. then u might get more too like 3.2

Yes you should be able to hit 3.0ghz with not much trouble at all...as stated you will just need a cheap aftermarket cooler. I suggest the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 for 20-25 bucks. Don't get one on the egg though.

Don't forget the Scythe Mine.
Only reason I am on 3.25 Ghz instead of 3.42 or even higher is because SMP Folding Errors out or causes restart at those higher settings.

How cheap is the scythe Mine? I mean the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 can keep a CPU under 60 degree with like 1.46 Vcore.. that's amazing for a 20 buck cooler.

I'm at 3.22ghz becuase I have a wall somewhere lol...I have it on 1.43 Vcore and max loads of like 55.

Oh then thats not too bad. Yea your right the look really isn't the best but I mean a cooler that cheap you can't expect it to look like the Zalman either heh.

Also my rig isn't the prettiest it's just nice enough for me :p

I tried to OC my e6300, it booted at 2.4, then wouldn't boot any higher, and reset my settings, and wouldn't work at 2.4 anymore. I had the vcore at 1.4 something, and was a little afraid of pushing it too far. SO basically, i got scared and quit, lol, this computer is my baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom