Wierd Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3trj

Fully Optimized
OK my computer is acting strange, it's making a wierd hissing noise that comes and goes, it'll go "hissssssssss" for a second and then stop, and then "hissssssss" again. and stop, and keep doing that. It's really wierd, it also has a wierd tone to it. I can't for the life of me figure it out. It's been doing it all day and is starting to get louder. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

is there a snake in it? (anyone have the picture?) try stopping all your fans one at a time and see if that cures it. Without hearing the sound I would think it is coming from the PSU. They get noisy with age and I have heard somthing similar with older machines. If you have a mic try to record the sound with sound recorder and post the file some where.

Well I fixed it now anyway, I just kicked the computer a few times. I guess it was a loose fan or something. I don't think it was the PSU since I only just got that.

it could be ur monitor thats what i would say it is cause sometimes that thing will make a sharp noise my monitor bugs the crap out of me but its big and nice soo i can take for a lil bit

LOL!!!:p nice snake pics but how the hell did a snake get in someone's comp anyway, I have a similar problem with a bug or a leaf of somthing that got stuck in my 2 pci-e slot i couldn't get it out so i accidently pushed it deeper but it works fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom