why is this happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfatalherox

Baseband Member
I just got a new Zalman CNPS9500 LED 3 days ago, and up to now every day my cpu rises by 1 degree Celcius!!! 3 days ago it was 38, yesterday 39, and today 40. All idle temps. Can someone tell me whats going on?

Oh and another thing, the first day i got it my system would load at CPU:45C and Mobo 43C, and yesterday it was at CPU:45C, and mobo 46C!!! I havent tried it yet today.

The CPU fan speed hasnt changed at all either, its been the same since i got it.

...you do know that ambient temperature will affect it as well...if it's warmer out then your idle temp will be warmer.

a few degrees isn't anything to fret about.

However...did you apply any thermal paste when installing?

i sure did. Arctic Silver 5 Termal Compound, thx.

And about the ambient temps, yeah maybe your right. It has been getting warmer the past couple of days here in southern cali.

What's the rest of your setup? Are you OCd? Because those temps are a tad high for an idle...but it all depends on your setup really.

Also..how is your case airflow set up? Your CPU fan should exhaust toward your case exhaust fans...usually a 120mm in the back but not always.

yeah i know those are pretty high, I actually have no case airflow at all right now. :( The only thing I have really is a Zalman CNPS9500LED and yeah, I have it blowing air out of the case, but I cant live on that forever. So yeah, I'm getting a couple of silverstone 120MM fans next week though that im gonna use as an intake and exhaust fan, so hopefully that shoud make a huge difference.

it takes like 100 hrs (maybe alittle less) and multiple heat cycles for the AS-5 to set up to where it is working optimally. patience young padawon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom