Why dual monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
i see a good bit of people who buy dual dvi GPU's so they can use 2 monitors. Why? i don't undertand what difference that would make.

spartan1121 said:
i see a good bit of people who buy dual dvi GPU's so they can use 2 monitors. Why? i don't undertand what difference that would make.
Well, most graphics cards come with 2 DVI ports anyway. Also, some people like to have 2 monitors hooked up to have more desktop space.

wait so it uses the two monitors and widens your usble space? i would think they just show the same thing but it takes it as an extension onto what the first monitor shows?

They can show the same thing, but they can also not. The left monitor, you can drag windows and stuff onto the right one and vise versa. Have a video in fullscreen on one, and still work on the other.

Yeah Its super handy when b/s/t on this forum while playing oblivion. Ive recently tryed to do 2 gc (as ive posted somewhere) so that i could have 4 monitors it works but is buggy when playing games ( 6200, 6800GT)

I use dual CRTs. adn if you ve ever used them, you can tell how much easier it is. I am able to keep winamp, tirllian, and system monitors on my left monitor, while keeping all the real estate free on my primary monitor for word, excel, firefox, games, etc.

It REALLY helps when I need multiple information, like entering infor on a form online, I can look at one scrren then the other instead of having to close my windows. Also, when I write my papers, I have my research on one monitor and the paper Im writing on the other. It helps from having to move around and lose my thought in trying to switch programs, especially is something is tking forever to load.

I know it sounds weird but it is REALLY usefull

yeah i might try it, a nearby compu-help guy said there was a place selling good quality crt monitors for as low as $25, only problem is im not sure if ill have enough space on my desk, it's a lreadt pretty crouded, and the monitor im getting is wide screen too. But since it's an LCD it wont take up a terrible amount of room, and i could put the things like my modem router tv tuner and circuit protector behind it.
but i think most of the cards im looking into are dual dvi, do they make crt's with dvi? I could put my computer on the floor next to my desk, but that wont show off the LED's very well. But if i put it on the right side of the deskn i risk it falling(i would scream like a girl). So im not sure, maybe ill take a pic for you guys and you can give me suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom