Why does people spend so much money over computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive had my dual 2.4 xeon for two years & shelled out a couple of g's piecing it together. its still worth 85% of what i have in it. just this past christmas, i made $1500 doing some video editing for a person. between the software its allowed me to learn for work and the money its made me doing side jobs, its easily paid for itself several times over... :cool:

my honeypot

happy new year:confused:

Some people just buy high end systems so they won't have to upgrade their computers for 2 or 3 or even 4 or more years depending on what they use it for.

I have very little money, but I do have a nice car, computer, and theater setup. These are things I enjoy most, so I would like the best that I can afford, so I save up for them. I like to have nice things that are worth what I pay for, quality components go into each one and will last quite a while compared to midrange items.

I just thinkg that's simple logic, but then again, I'm not the most average consumer or person for that matter, LOL. :)

My philosophy about buying computers and hardware is very simple. Build them yourself and never spend money on the best processor of a kind if you have the guts to overclock. When I built my computer, I had in mind that I would never buy a P4 560 and the P4 520 would be the best buy because I never give up when overclocking. I, instead, spent my money on a good overclocker's board, never been happier. People get expensive computers because they need to have something that will satisfy their needs. I get my needs more than satsified by using an overclocked system.

Well, since you only got your computer for 400$. Witch you say it works fine for you. But if you gave some of us that computer, it would work horrible for us. Alot of people here use computers for Gaming/3D Rendering/Encoding ect. When you run those type of things, you need a fast computer. Rather your doing it for work, or personal use.

But for your computer to have less stress while runing them, you will need better hardware. Witch this cost more money.

Maybe you guys are right. I only use my computer for msn, word processing, music and internet so my system feels fine for me. lol, I cant even feel too much different between my old P3 and my new P4, both of them feels pretty much the same, at least to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom