Why does Bio-Watch and Coretemps show different temps???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Why would these not be the same? Bio-watch seems to always be about 10c below CoreTemps all the time.

link: http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/gtr-evo/temps.jpg

Image:
temps.jpg

Sensors can be off sometimes depending on the program. Like if you were to put in Everest or RivaTuner in there to compare they wouldn't all be the same. It's all in the coding of the software. If you want to check true temperature check it in the bio's thats usually the best place to look

let your system cool down a bit Go into bios and check the temp for an idle temp. Then check that idle temp against one of your programs. which ever is the closest use that one.

ok thanks. I am pretty sure the Bio-watch is correct. Because typically when I see idle temps in CoreTemps they always seemed high to me from what I did see in bios but I never looked closely.

This is good news so far.

from what i've heard though the bios is actually closer to full load temps..

someone might be able to shed more light on the situation though..

BIOS is ****!! thats really all there is to say... stop glorifying the BIOS! it reads the temp from a thermistor located either just below or to the side of the socket, which means you wont get a true die temp reading (usually 5-10C lower than the actual temp)... BIOWatch will give you the temps from the BIOS (BIOS -> BIOWatch... making any sense?)... CoreTemp reads the temp off the circuit within the die, which means you WILL get a true representation of the actual CPU temp...

CoreTemp is RIGHT!

bottom line: get CoreTemp 0.99.3... its a tiny app that will allow you to properly interpret your CPU temp and VID through a very simple GUI

well that makes sense. Thanks Bong.

I ordered the contact core freezer yesterday. I'm hoping it really is much better then the artic cooler that I have now, as every one states. On full load I am getting up to 75c right now and idle temps around 39-40.

BIOS is ****!! thats really all there is to say... stop glorifying the BIOS! it reads the temp from a thermistor located either just below or to the side of the socket, which means you wont get a true die temp reading (usually 5-10C lower than the actual temp)... BIOWatch will give you the temps from the BIOS (BIOS -> BIOWatch... making any sense?)... CoreTemp reads the temp off the circuit within the die, which means you WILL get a true representation of the actual CPU temp...

CoreTemp is RIGHT!

bottom line: get CoreTemp 0.99.3... its a tiny app that will allow you to properly interpret your CPU temp and VID through a very simple GUI

coretemp.jpg

At idle, Coretemp usually tells me <20*C.

Core center is usually about 8*C lower than BIOS temps.

So, if you want to believe that my CPU is running at 16-18*C idle, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom