why did the price for xp3200 go up al of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok ive noticed now that they stopped making the xp athlon models well itleast i think they did. why are they so much money now? i seen one retail sell on ebay the other day for 286$!$!

this is insane! i mean couldnt u buy a amd64 3700 sandiego and a nice cooler for that much money?

..........it's ebay dude.....it's some douche person trying to crank up the price hoping some noob will come in and buy it......you should know that....it's not like ebay is a shop like newegg or something

Lemme check at work if there has been a price increase from AMD. I will reply in about 9 hours time.

For now.... SLEEP!

I found out the same thing. I have a Socket A mobo at home that I upgraded from. I was going to build my son a decent system out of it until I saw this
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80177-R
I bought this same retail version processor last Oct. for $99. Now look what the price is!!!
Seems to me that this is the opposite of what normally happens when something is being phased out. Usually they lower the price to try and get rid of them.
My son may have to settle for a Sempron.

yea i know i also cannot belive the up in the price, makes me feel like i have a expensive cpu lol jk

well nubius i actually do know how they do that on ebay but if u notice here http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produ...uctCode=80181-R

why is it 279? another douche? trust me they sell all over ebay for 235$-280$ the price has gone up a huge amount on the athlon xp,s
Then you should have linked a real shop, not some joke shit like ebay.

It seems in the last couple of years, technology has been doing OPPOSITE of what it should be....meaning old technology is supposed to be getting cheaper, but nooo it seems their thoughts now are 'well it's rarer, and harder to get, so we'll crank up the price'

Try and wrap your head around this......the OEM seems to be $10 MORE expensive than the retail at zipzoomfly..........

I should be able to go pick up a freakin mobile XP for like $40 damnit....can't believe they are cranking the prices like that.

Now I really dont want to break my XP-Mobile....like you said, makes me feel like I got some rare unbelievable processor or something.

Heres my CPU:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103439

didn't think they even still had it on newegg.....$105 freakin dollars....I think I paid like $85 for it last november.

Little off-topic here, but I've always wondered why the mobile processors are more overclockable? Is it because of voltage or the fact that they are made to be in a laptop where cooling is limited?

They use less wattage, so there is less heat! Also they are unlocked. Trust me, check the sig!

Also I am selling the mobo, cpu, ram, and graphics card in my sig for $200 shipped, which is alot better deal than just that cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom