Who uses OC Programs and Who uses the BIOS??

Do you use the BIOS or a program??

• BIOS OC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Program OC

• What's OC??

• What the heck is BIOS??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^without, dude as far as i have read 79 is perfectly fine for max load...its when it is 80's that it is too hot.

read my edit btw please lol...

I bought a whole pack of each grit of sandpaper. I've already lapped 2 heatsinks and I might get a 3rd out of it.

Yes, lapping will void your warranty, cpu and heatsink.

I lapped both my cpu and heatsink :D

lapcpu.jpg

true3.jpg

^no dude, i mean how many sets of sanding did u do before moving on to the next grit up of sand paper...

lol, im scared to even think about lapping the cpu, if i screw it up....there goes like 320 bucks and something that i wont be able to replace for quite a while...

^Those temps are ridiculous. What are your ambient temps? I've heard that you won't get very good performance out of a True unless it is lapped. I would just do the heatsink...don't worry about the CPU unless it is really concave for some reason. If it is , that would be a manufacturing defect and Intel should replace it.

i thought for sure I read somewhere you shouldn't lap I7's...can't remember why but a lot of people say you shouldn't :| unless of course that turned out to be a myth or something

yeah, the IHS on the i7's (and i think a lot of the duals and quads) are soldered to die which means if you try to remove the IHS... boom headshot to your CPU

lapping is fine though

^no dude, i mean how many sets of sanding did u do before moving on to the next grit up of sand paper...

lol, im scared to even think about lapping the cpu, if i screw it up....there goes like 320 bucks and something that i wont be able to replace for quite a while...

I really couldn't tell you how many sets I did, but I did work on it for almost 2 days (with numerous breaks). I started with 400 grit paper and I sanded it until the base was almost flat, or until the curvature was almost eliminated. Then I switched to 800 grit and sanded until the base was flat. Then I polished it with 1000, 1500 and finally 2000 grit paper.

When I lapped the cpu I skipped the 400 grit all together. I started with 800 grit and sanded until about 80-85% of the IHS surface was making complete contact with the paper. Then I switched to 1000 grit until the IHS surface was completely flat. Then I polished it with 1500 and 2000 grit. The cpu only took a couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom