Who here has a case made from scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treedoor

Solid State Member
Well, I personally enjoy my Mario games :) And it's really all I can do at the moment because my PC is really bad.

Pentium 4 clocked at 1.4ghz
Recently upgraded to 120gb of hdd space
Recently upgraded with my old 9800pro
256mb of ram

All in all it's really not good for anything. I boot it up, 10 minutes, log in for another 5 or so good minutes, and then I can finally get to work running programs really poorly.

Now I've been planning a new PC for about a year now, and have failed in many attempts to get one. Last summer I started saving and had about $600 by Christmas, but in no way enough for some great stuff so I thought "Why not wait and buy a PS3 in March" which is what everyone thought the launch would be at the time. When it didn't come I decided to blow all my money on other stuff which was really stupid of me. Planning on exchanging a Nano I bought and selling it on ebay or so for 1/3 of my money back :)

Right now I'm really looking into a computer with a(n):

Asus MVP-Deluxe xpress 3200 cross fire mobo
A Sapphire x1800xt 512mb
2gb of either G.Skill, Corsair, or OCz ram. High end stuff.
And maybe 250gb hdd, but possibly just 2x 120gb hard drives in Raid 0 to boost some speed in games.

But then I thought I could save some money by modding a case. Mario all the way :p So I thought would it not be cool to make a warp pipe large enough to fit this computer into it? With a Mario Model on the top? It could add so much flavor to the room. :D

Anyways, I guess this is my introductory post. Anyone have pics of mods they have done?

That wouldn't really be that hard, just as long as you don't want to make the Mario model from scratch. You should get a cheap case, then make a warp pipe around it.

wow that would be an awesome case, i would have never have thought about that... but yes, like cyrax said, cheap case and pretty puch build around, easiest way.. like alienware....

Well I have an old Antec Sonata case :p The sides are missing so I'm thinking about maybe just taking the motherboard tray out of it and attaching it inside of it. I also thought it would be cool to make a new power, and reset button :p BY making a picture of a star and mushroom from cardboard and stuff and attaching them over top of the buttons. That would be kind of cool. And possibly I will just make an 8-bit Mario so it won't be too hard :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom