White=Water waterblock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i dig. I did some MORE research on the White Water and talked to the guy who sells it, and the aluminum does not make any contact with the coolant. It is covered by a copper block, and the aluminum is anodized. That pretty much solves the corrosion issue right there.

Since I would have to use all three barbs, and I dont want to get a differnt pump, I'm going to go with the TDX. I just wanted to make sure I had all of my bases covered with the two blocks.
Than ks

Go talk to maxxx......anodizing does nothing but delay the inevitable....infact theres members who have posted pics of their completely destroyed blocks that were corroded to death.....nickel plating on the other hand would protect it :p

But yeah, anodizing doesn't make it 100% safe either......I guess if you put in a crapload of zerex I'm sure it'll hold you for a while, but eitherway I would avoid aluminum altogether

Yeah, thats what I did. i have been in talks with Maxx about the block, but I didnt really get into the corrosion factor with him. Anodized I guess only blocks corrosion when it is only sporatically subject to the elemtents, and not constant like in a water cooling loop. I saw a picture of someones old Maze4, and that thing was corroded to death. Ouch, I wanted to cry looking at that. :(

TDX order is final. Now I wait, and I will get my pump, t line, and block and than commence my build! I cant wait!

Yeah, I know what MAZE4 you're talking about....that thing was eaten away quite a bit...I told him to use vinegar and salt to clean up the copper part and it worked for him pretty good...the copper part looks brand new again so atleast all he'd have to do is get a new top, but yeah that thing was bad

Vinegar and salt, eh? Well, new info for Mr. Bones here, swell. I'm sure that information will come in handy.

The damn Maze4 looked like 8 batteries that were sitting in somewhere for years. It was terrible, brought a tear to me eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom