When i defrag.......(screenshot indside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
When i defrag why is the bar(i assume its meant to be a bar) all multi colour and generally useless because i cant read it?
Or is it meant to be like this and im just not reading it right?:confused:

screen444.jpg

hello thats ur files... it shows u what state the files are as in like red is fragmented or wut ever... ur not suppose to be able to read them... u want to try to get them all blue and if they're all blue than that is a good thing..

ok i get it now but whats a contiguous file because i seem to have alot of these judging by the bar

Contigious files are files that are not split in several pieces across the hard disk. This makes reading those files faster. This is what defragmenting programs do, they try to put the split files back together.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Its actually finished doing its thing now and the bar above has got lots of blue on the left hand side and the other half is completly white so i assume thats pretty good going?

Yes, like they said above, the blue represents contiguous files (good). The white represents the free space on your hard drive that remains.

As your use your computer and your hard drive fills up with applications, games, etc. Then you will want to run this again and again, of course depending on how much you use your computer and what you use it for. You should be safe running it about once a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom