What's the break-in time for AS5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pac0

Banned
I just applied a nice thin coat of AS5 on my CPU, and there doesn't seem to be a noticable difference between AS5 and the stock thermal pad from AMD. I have a retail proc with stock HSF, and I just noticed (running Prime95 right this moment) that there is no difference, my problem is that my CPU fluctuates from about 38* idle to 50 degrees under full load, will I actually notice a difference once the AS5 bonds to the CPU? I also put some on my 9200SE, which (surprisingly surprisingly) had like, glue instead of thermal paste on it, which also smelled really bad once I pulled the HSF off of it. Anyways, is there anything I can do to keep the fluctuation to a minimum? I'm not overclocking or anything, either.

::EDIT::

Now it seems to top out at 49, instead of 50, this is still bad, oh, wait, now it's going down to 48 while still running prime, how far do you think this will go? Oh, wait, 47 now, sweeter by the minute.

Well, it could be that you put too much on or too little on... I always noticed the difference right away (like 1-2c) i dunno why people say it'd take a month. That's something to look up, if the company recommends a 30 day wait or not. I don't think a wait like that is possible lol, maybe an hour but.. you should notice a difference right away

Then what's the point of using AS5? If there are no benefits over a thermal pad, then why use AS5? BTW, I noticed that the temp rises slower, and usually tops off at about 49* now, rarely going to 50* (only if I run Prime95 and WinMedia9 at the same time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom