whats the best way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of material is it? But regardless I would probably use a dremel unless it is steel then a jigsaw might be easier.

A dremel is not very good with steel/aluminium, it takes for ever, and you get through loads of blades. The finish is terrible as well.

I would use a jigsaw for plastic and steel.

I suppose it depends on how thick of aluminum you are cutting, but I am using a dremel on my custom built case and it works beautifuly.

Yeah trifid....don't know why you would say they arent good for aluminum....that's where dremels excel....Steel however is like you said...takes freakin FOREVER.....I didn't have to go through a lot of blades, but my god it is a slow cutting process......jigsaw will tear the hell out of aluminum real bad like

For aluminum, like was said, a jigsaw is far too powerful, whereas a dremel is powered just right. For steel a dremel is not powerful enough, whereas a jigsaw is powered just right. Imagine using a chainsaw to cut a loaf of bread, it will be all shredded and mangled. Now imagine cutting through a nice thick tree with that same chainsaw, the application that it was designed for. It cuts through nice and clean like, going at a very acceptable pace. Now use a breadknife to cut the bread, will do it nicely and cleanly. Use that same breadknife for the tree. Will take FOREVER, and will look horribly, and you may go through several blades, but you will eventually get there.

To be short:

Aluminum cutting = Dremel
Steel cutting = Jigsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom