What would you rate these overclocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok I just wanted to get peoples opinions on my overclocks to see if the overall concensuce is its good enough or push farther.

CPU- I have an AMD 4000+ on a BFG NF4 ULTRA motherboard with a thermaltake Big Typhoon and some as5. I set the vcore to 1.4 and the ram to 2.7 just because the temps didnt go up and it cant hurt. I set the ram to 166 with 3-4-4-8 timings and then the fsb to 250 with a 12x multiplier. The bios says ddr 416 but everything in windows shows ddr 400 at 200mhz with 3-4-4-8 timings. The cpu is hours stable in prime95 at 3ghz. Seems decent with 27 idle and 38 load (celcius).

Video Card- I have a EVGA 7900 GS with a vf900 on it and some as5. I also have thermaltake copper sinks on the vram and some more on the memory/core voltage controller chips and the capacitors. The vram is at 2.24v and the core at 1.5v. The card stock is 500/1380 but is stable for an hour of ati tool scanning at 700/1700. Plan to push the core further and try to hit 900 with 1.7v on the core. The card idles at 40 and the load is 64 (celcius).

So what do you guys think?

I forget what is the 4000 stock? either way I personally think it is really good.

I can only get my amd 3500+ up to 2.95 and it is only stable for 4 hours.

I dunno, I will run 03' with my 7900gs stock when the mssing power dongle arrives. If you have 03 you can run it and we can compare.

I am having some serious issues when changing ram timings, whenever I amke any adjustmen whatsoever it wont boot into windows then it will freeze up in bios. Yes bios.

am I changing the wrong ones? isnt it cas latency, ras to cas delay, ras precharge, cycle time?

so if my ram is running at 244mhz, it would be equal to ddr488, right?

2.5-4-4-8 CR 1T bank cycle time 11. So what should I do with this to get a higher cpu clock? I dont know much about ram oc'ing as the articles I have read dont really help.

Ok heres what I do. I run the ram at 166 mhz. I then set the fsb to 250. 166+250=416 which is DDR 416 and my ram can do that stock no problem. I have my ram 3-4-4-8 2T with 2.7v.

Also ran 3dmark05 and it ran but there was an error with the sound but it gave me a score of 21507 of the free version of 3dmark05. Would probably get more once I fix the error and run tommorow.

Yes thats correct. Try this if you can. Set the ram in bios to stock, then set the speed of the ram to 133. Then set the fsb to 264. Your multiplier is 11. 264x11 gives you 2904mhz. You could have had issues with your overclock cause of ram. Now the ram is 264+133=397 which is right below ddr400. If you want up the voltage on cpu and ram just to make sure its not voltage issues and then tighten timings up on ram. Your main goal in overclocking in ddr is to get the cpu as high as possible with little change to ram. To get my 3ghz I had to have the ram slightly overclocked. If I had the option I would run it stock speeds with high voltage and tighter timings.

Ok I tightened my timings up to 3-3-3-6 and its stable so far and made my voltages 2.7 on ram, 1.4 on cpu, and 1.6 on chipset. Even though its stable so far (5 minutes, lol I will be running it for atleast 12 hours), the speeds on everything is off anywhere from 5 to 30mhz.

About what I said above, just change the fsb to 268 instead giving you 2mhz short of the 2.95ghz you had but giving you ddr401 which is only 1mhz and near perfect. Also check temps just incase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom