What will cooling do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
will getting better cooling increase my max oc?? cos im presently at the most vcore i can put in (as in mobo doesn't have higher options) and im getting 43C under load. if i were to get a zalman 7700 or thermaltake venus 12 would i get better ocs over my stock? btw im presently doing 2.7ghz on my 3200 winni

That's very nice temp-wise under full load. If you reach the max OC, thats that, not much else you can do that I know of at least. I am not an overclocking genius...though.

srry by max oc i mean the most that i can presently run them at. basicaly cos thats not my every day clock

A cooler computer is a happier computer. And yes, keeping the computer super cold, will help you to get a higher OC.If those are the temps you are currently getting under load, I dont imagine a Zalman 7700CU would get them any lower, as they are already pretty low. You might want to start considering water cooling if you want to go any lower than that.

Sh0r_ty, am I reading right and seeing your LDT bus running at 1280MHz? The HTT can't go over 1GHz without leading to stability issues, you should have the LDT ratio down to 3.

Either way, a 2.7GHz Winchester on an Asus AV8 is nothing to frown at, if you've given it the max vcore possible there won't be much else you can do and you'd be lucky if you hit 2.8GHz. Your processor has probably capped or the motherboard is the obstacle in this case, not cooling.

gaara said:
Sh0r_ty, am I reading right and seeing your LDT bus running at 1280MHz? The HTT can't go over 1GHz without leading to stability issues, you should have the LDT ratio down to 3.

Either way, a 2.7GHz Winchester on an Asus AV8 is nothing to frown at, if you've given it the max vcore possible there won't be much else you can do and you'd be lucky if you hit 2.8GHz. Your processor has probably capped or the motherboard is the obstacle in this case, not cooling.

well i've done prime and never had a problem and it is set at 270X5 and i havn't had any problems in programs. also im useing a A8N-SLI but doesn't really matter. anyway so you are saying that i probebly won't be able to get any higher even with better cooling unless i go to water or somthing really pricy like that and even with that i might not be able to get any higher.

thnx guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom