what type of RAM this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually they (they being generally of ram, these may be too old) only need to somewhat match for dual channel. You could randomly mix a bunch of ram and get lucky(I have a friend that did), but if you want dual channel you need to have close or the same specs (theoretically company doesn't matter, but be prepared for some blue screens if you do mix ram).

trust me on this one mate ;)

dual channel was only introduced with DDR memory, or as i'm not too familiar with the platform RD-RAM. so the earliest dual channel was with K7 and P4 technology. this memory fits in somewhere around late 486 to late Pentium. 168 pin SD-RAM DIMMs were being introduced by the end of the original Pentiums. SIMMs are added in matched pairs, each pair making a single "bank" of memory.

Note: EDO memory must be installed in pairs. Fast page must be installed in pairs in Pentium class computers. By "in pairs" I mean 2 of the exact same type of SIMM must be installed. For example, if you want to upgrade by adding 32MB of memory you must put in 2 16MB SIMMS.
from epinions.com, first site i found in google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom