What was Thermaltake thinking? - Page 5 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #41 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Default Re: What was Thermaltake thinking?

The Antec 900 looks nothing like the Armor Jr!

The single similarity between the two is a mesh front...

Different color led's in fans does not constitute a change in the case.

So to basically sum up your list of differences, they took a 900, painted the inside, drilled a few holes, took a fan out, and turned the hard drive rack 90 degrees.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 11-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
Camera junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
The Antec 900 looks nothing like the Armor Jr!

The single similarity between the two is a mesh front...

Different color led's in fans does not constitute a change in the case.

So to basically sum up your list of differences, they took a 900, painted the inside, drilled a few holes, took a fan out, and turned the hard drive rack 90 degrees.
yep, still diferences. als they dont look the same but antec took alot from them, he fans in the font, with the removeable hdd cages, the 20cm fan they just moved to the top of the case instead of having it on the side window. and the mesh front, if you really look at the armoru series you wil see it is what inspired the 900 series no doubt about it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/poizen22/
intel Core I7 8700k@ 5.0ghz-Nvidia GTX1080 ti ftw3-Aorus 5 z370 mobo-16gb ddr4 G-Skill trident Z rgb 3000mhz - 1tb samsung 960 pro, 2tb wd blue- thermaltake rgb 750w gold-Phanteks pro M TG- Samsung CHG70 1440p 144hz 32 inch QLED.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #43 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poizen22 View Post
yep, still diferences. als they dont look the same but antec took alot from them, he fans in the font, with the removeable hdd cages, the 20cm fan they just moved to the top of the case instead of having it on the side window. and the mesh front, if you really look at the armoru series you wil see it is what inspired the 900 series no doubt about it.
Right because putting fans in the front of a case was a revolutionary concept...

Lol at 20cm fan.

Also the Antec 900 came out before the revised version of the Armor with the large 250mm fan (which is not the same as the 200mm in the antec)

Removable hard drive cages are nothing new. Several Antec cases have used them long before the Armor came around. Ever seen a P180 before?

The 900 also moved the psu to the bottom and was the first mid tower case to do so.

Seriously, the 900 was a totally new concept and the Armor really brought nothing new to the table.

/Looks at the useless door flaps on the front...

Finally, spell check is your friend...

Let's be honest, who copied who...

First up the Armor which you say Antec copied.

Top mounted power supply. With Hard drive rack next to it.
No side fan capability.
Small 92mm top fan.
Does have mesh drive bay covers.

Antec 900

Bottom mounted power supply
Top mounted 200mm fan
Only method for installing hard drives is with 5.25" drive cages which incorporate a front fan.
Has front ports at top of case.
Small tray for storing keys/phone etc.

The Thermaltake V9

Bottom mounted power supply.
Large top mounted fan.
Has front ports at top.
Small tray for storing keys/phone etc.

Also the case I showed at the start of this thread is not the only version the released the "Black" version with the black painted interior after the product launch so you can't consider that a difference because they do sell it without.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Closed Thread