At what temps will my verious PC parts underclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozar927

In Runtime
I have an intel core duo 3.0 GHZ cpu

and 2 9800gts via sli

my question is at what temp will they underclock them selves to save their lives
basically what temp should I have speed fan blast my industrial sized jet engin fan lol
its so noisey but I dont want to sacrifice performance so whats the fair middle their?

your CPU will have a Tjmax of either 95 or 100°C and the GPUs have a shutdown temp of 125°C (i believe)

of course, you shouldn't run them anywhere near that high... at full load, i wouldn't run the CPU much hotter than about 70°C (for 24/7 usage) and the GPUs shouldn't be run at much over 90°C for extended periods...

as for underclocking themselves, the GPUs will not... if you have Thermal Monitor 2 enabled, the CPU will underclock itself at a given temperature (im not sure what it is... just try not to go above 75°C)

ok im getting this when maxing crysis on full settings for bout 30 min

CPU: 160f
GPU: 180f each

hmm thats about 82 c for gpu and 71 for cpu I spose

and idiling their about 55 C for cpu and i think 72C for gpus
sry my F to C is a rough translation but do these temps sound ok?

thanks in advanced

those are some gnarly high CPU temps... the GPUs are OK at load, but seem to be idling quite high... have you OCed the CPU at all?? and are you using the stock cooler??

yah Im using the CPUs stock cooler and this is my case

I am aware it runs a tad hot but I think im still safe dont you?

notice I didnt said the sace is irrelevent cooling, but to wheither my temps are still safe

yes stock cooler and 0 overclocking

are these temos safe?

actully Im just guessing thats my CPU temp its temp 1 under speed fan is listed at that temp

core 0 and 1 in speed fan are listed at 108

heres is a pic of speed fan with all its listed temps after idaling for about an hour

Untitled-3.jpg

Please do not multiple post. There's an edit button for a reason.

Please switch your temps to C, since PC stuff is measured in metric ;).

Get CoreTemp for CPU temps, and either RivaTuner or ATiTool for GPU temps (I've always found SpeedFan to be terrible at temperature reading).

Now then...do you have the fans turned up on your GPU? You can do this with RivaTuner. Do you have your heatsink/fan for your CPU mounted correctly/tightly? Double check it (re-apply thermal paste when reseating the heatsink/fan). I'd also highly suggest in getting an aftermarket cooler. You can get an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro for Intel CPU's for $20 on Newegg...which is a really good cooler for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom