What are steady voltages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I'm just curious how much jumpiness is usually present when montirong your voltages....

I'm using motherboard monitor 5 to monitor the voltages and my Vcore is set at 1.925 in the BIOS and it jumps from 1.88 up to 1.95 both of those are the lowest and highes it goes, generally it's always moving up or down that much not matter what it's set to, about plus or minus .04 in each direction..does this seem significant at all as by all my calculations my power supply should be quite capable of delivering the needed power including the fact I checked to make sure I wouldn't wear out my +12v rail with all the fans...thanks for the info

generally a fluctuation of 5% is the most you want. that's just a rule of thumb though...my 12v is changing all the time. others are pretty stable.

generally a fluctuation of 5% is the most you want. that's just a rule of thumb though
Psht I don't want to do any math! My head hurts! :p lol thanks for the info 4W

You have nothing to worry about!
Whew! Thanks both you guys, that was something that had been on my mind for a while now and just had forgotten to ask someone else.

Yeah my computer was running (while I was doing my RAM OC'ing) without that 4pin P4 Connector plugged in! I don't even know how my computer booted up without that being plugged in being I thought it was specifically for the processor power, plus the fact I'm OC'ing.....yeah kind of odd :p

4-pin connector isn't required. All it does is put less stress on your 12v rail (might be 5v...but i think it's 12) which in turn allows for higher overclocks. In the most basic of terms...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom