What software program can test my system components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi all-

Ok, I was at Fry's tonight and was pleasantly surprised to meet a tech who gave me answers I have been seeking for months...he was absolutely amazing. So I am thankful about that.

He mentioned a software program I can install that will test just about all my hardware components.

The problem is, my brain was on overload/maxed out mode and I did not write it down.

Can someone here throw out a list of such programs for me please? I am hoping that when I see the program it will trigger the memory banks in my mind and lead me to the right program.

It was not memtest86+. It was not Prime95.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,

Oh, BTW, this guy understood Gigabyte MOBO's like no one I ever met [he knew much more than the Gigabyte techs themselves].

I have been seeking an answer as to why my Gigabyte MOBO gives two beeps at post, then 10 seconds later, a single beep. Gigabyte told me to send my unit back because it was defective [I sent it back and they sent it right back to me saying it was working fine]. No one here at this forum could give me a clear answer. No one at the Gigabyte forum could give me a clear answer except to say it was communicating that the MOBO was faulty...This guy at Fry's tonight amazed me with the simplicity of the answer:

He told me the first two beeps are because my MOBO has the option of TWO BIOS's [thus it is reading and saying both BIOS are working and available]. The single beep we hear 10 seconds later simply tell us that the MOBO has loaded the first stored BIOS.

So simply, so accurate, so correct, and so right.

Hope this helps someone out here.

For anyone else following my weeks upon weeks of desperation and posts on the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 v.1 with the G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL7D problems...well it appears to have been a simple compatibility issue. I simply installed two new A-DATA sticks that are Gigabyte certified to be compatible with this MOBO.

All BSOD's, stop messages, system freezes, etc. stopped immediately and everything works just fine now.

A warmer room than usual had nothing whatsoever to do with this problem at all....HINT, HINT!

Have a great day everyone and please let me know if you know the name of that testing program.

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom