what should i upgrade next? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 730
Send a message via AIM to burned-ati Send a message via Yahoo to burned-ati
Default what should i upgrade next?

something needs upgrading... what is it? i was thinking maybe more memory, or a new psu. ne ideas?

burned-ati is offline  
Old 01-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Ste's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upon Gleaning Infinity
Posts: 9,578
Send a message via MSN to Ste

I would go power supply first. Then a faster CPU.

The reason why you want a better quality Power supply for when you upgrade or add more components in the future.

Ste is offline  
Old 01-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Ridlyn's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,920



Or you can get a new mobo, and a X2 3800+/X2 4200+
Originally Posted by Sylus View Post
Could have been worse, you could have been raped by a clown.
Ridlyn is offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 03:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 730
Send a message via AIM to burned-ati Send a message via Yahoo to burned-ati

well out of all things i get the worst memory lagg in my games, especially fear and BF2. but CPU if i was to upgrade that i wouldnt be stupid and pay 200+$ i would just buy a used 3000 venice that clocked hi on ebay. or an opeteron 144, to bad this one doesnt clock but to 1.9ghz.... but thanks ill proubly get a psu or cpu next
burned-ati is offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 05:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 129

I think the CPU is worth upgrading next, an AMD 3700 San Diego or the 4800 X2 for the higher end ways. The memory is fine at the moment but that's worth upgrading next and the PSU should have enough power to do you but if it's a low quality supply then you might want to consider that before the memory or CPU. You could also save your money and wait for M2 which is a safer option than investing in today's technology when it's only 6 months away.
filocardhustler is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.