What should I set my voltages to, to OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgcook

Fully Optimized
Im Orthos Stable at over 6hours on a 3.0GHz with a 1.2750 Vcore

Im at 3.2 right now. It wouldn't even boot until i set the Vcore to 1.3875. Does this sound right?

Its orthos testing right now. Im getting 59,54,59,52 on a full load.

We'll have to see how long this last.

I tried 3.4Ghz with a 1.4750 Vcore and it instantly freezes booting windows. The Vcore seemed slightly high for that clock speed. I'm thinking i dont have a super overclocking CPU.

i'd stick with vcore at 1.387 with 3.2 ghz, run orthos then steadily try a little more,
personnaly i would wait to overclock because there's no game you cant run with that ultra 0.o

That is true. You don't really need to overclock, as the Q6600 stock, with a mighty Ultra, is enough to play any game, at max settings. Keep it at the speed, where you would see that is stable, and the load temperatures are satisfactory. I'd say 3.0GHz to 3.2GHz, is a nice number.

went from a 11852 to 13836 LOL

the temps were running a little to hot for me on 1.3875. i kicked it down to a 1.3625 with a FSB voltage of 1.5...im getting 56,56,51,49 right now.

Orthos has been running stable for a while now with the lower voltage. imma let it run through the night into about noon tomorrow. that will be a 12hr test.

oh yeah went ahead and set the memory to 5,5,5,15 1000MHz

Those Ballistix should be able to overclock to DDR2-1000 with CAS4 timings, as mine have, quite easily. What voltage do you have your RAM set on?

i had them at 4,4,4,12 with 1000Mhz. but ive been reading that intel systems like a little looser timings. i was going to bump it up to 1200MHz but that will come later. voltage is at 2.2V like Crucial recommends

well orthos stopped after 45mins...

i just went into the BIOS i had the vcore at 1.3500 LOL..i though i had it higher. imma try 1.3685 see if this lasts any longer.

grr OCing is REALLY time consuming. sux at least i know im stable at 3.0Ghz.

Very time consuming is right. It reminds me of that movie Apollo 13 when Gary Sinise is trying to figure out just the right buttons to push in order to get the LEM back to Earth without burning up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom