what should i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
i really wanted to get the asus a8n sli deluxe because i plan on having 2 6800 gts eventually and i really like the 8 channel sound and 4 gigs of memory but i wont be able to get a new graphics card until christmas. my current graphics card is agp but i have to be able to run half life 2 and far cry on my pc. are there any other motherboards that have 2 pci-e slots and support good sound and lots of memory?

very sorry i was typing rather hastily.

i am building a computer very soon and am on a budget. i already have an agp graphics card and wasnt planning on upgrading it until christmas. i selected the asus a8n-sli deluxe but then realised it didnt have an agp slot. are there any motherboards that have dual pci-e slots but also have an agp slot, or do i have to wait until i have enough for a 6800 gt.

Hmm dual pci-e and an agp slot would be sweet. You would have room for like half of a regular pci slot. :p

get the gigabyte sli motherboard first of all, below is a link to another post where i ranted about the asus sli

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46615

i have 2x 6800s in my system at home.. It really wasnt what i was expecting at all. the FPS you get out of it isn't worth the money (20-30fps difference between 6800 and 6600, still maxes out games like halflife and cs1.6 @ 100fps). Get 2 6600gts (100$ish a piece) .

32 bit windows only supports 3.8 gb of memory.. Secondly, once you get passed 2gb of ram windows gets weird on how it allocates memory and you run into problems.. Solution, get 2gb and wait for xp 64bit to come out before upgrading past 3. Unless you're doing some video editing or audio mastering (i hope not with pcie video cards) then you're never really going to use more than 2gb of ram..

so, for the price you save on 2gb of memory (150$ a stick) you can get 2x 6600gts and build your system sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom