what reads e8400 temp right!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
Speedfan said 52c, core temp shows 412c, bios shows 40c, everest doesnt move from 23c... WHAT DO I DO!!! i have read that there are problems with the temp readings on these, but now i cannot OC because i dont know my real temps. I am using an arctic freezer 7 pro. Will updating my Bios fix everything? dont rly want to update bios unless i have to.. tried getting the bootme thing on the flashdrive, followed on directions but it wouldnt show up on the flash drive. Are there any programs that read the temp on it right? i though the 45nm were supposed to run cool. I am very angry that i cannot see my real temp :(
Specs:
ASUS P5N-D
evga 8800GT SC
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3ghz
2x 1gb Crucial Ballistix

Try updating BIOS first its real simple on ASUS boards. If its hard for you try talking to gurusan he helped me updating and overclocking as well as b1gapl.

dont i have to flash it or somthing though?

That's what updating the BIOS entails, yes. It's very simple. It took me 10 minutes total to update mine. Downloaded my file, put it on a flash drive, booted into my BIOS update built on my mobo, copied the update over, set BIOS to default, then OC'd again. Works fine. Just don't shut your comp down in the middle of it.

There are utils that you can do it through Windows itself...but I wouldn't trust a program flashing the BIOS, but that's just me.

yea, i think i will try the asus EZ flash 2 utility. Says to just put the BIOS update on a flash drive, during POST press alt+F2, then go to tools>EX Flash2 and press enter. It will auto update. Is the BIOS file just somthing anmed 0302? its a BIN file. also, is 0302 the latest version for the asus P5N-D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom