What ram should I buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
Hi everyone, I have a few questions, I'm building myself a new computer and I was wondering whats the major difference between dual channel memory (DDR) and just regular DDR. I found a stick of pc 3200 512mb for 39.99 (canadian) at this link

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...29&Sku=ULT30215

If I plan on overclocking later on would I be better off with dual channel memory or this and will it make a huge difference?

And my final question, would it be better to put 1gb of dual channel ram or 2gb of the regular pc3200?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Hey, they have the internet on computers now!

Dual channel isnt the memory, its the motherboard that has it. You see, many people think dual channel comes with the memory, it doesnt whatsoever. The dual channel is in the motherboard. It basically has the memory work together so when one is at the peak of the instructioin, the other one starts a new. They work together, getting more work done in a shorter amount of time.

Alex

If that was 512 meg of ultra ram, pick it up. It even overclocks a bit.

And i have 2 sticks of ultra in dual channel

i would recomend not going to cheap on your ram if your planning to oc. Try these 3 brands, Corsair, Mushkin, PQI Turbo. Those will work awesome when you plan to oc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom