What is the quietest computer case made?? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 07:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

So all those reviews about the 180 are poppy cock. Are any reviews relevant then? What case can you suggest to me for a starting point? I would be curious. Thanks.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Dont listen to Him, he is a master debater, I understand what you mean. Some people are here to help, some are here to argue. That 180 will be quieter if you want to spend the cash:

Quote:

"Conclusion:

I’ve been using this P180 for roughly one week now, and I must say that Antec have a winner on their hands. The build quality is exceptional, the precision of the motherboard standoffs are excellent as they line up perfectly with the holes on my motherboard. As with the highest quality design work there are absolutely no sharp edges on this chassis.

Hands down it is without a doubt one of the quietest case ive used. The three-layer side panel (aluminium, plastic, aluminium) does the job of blocking out any erroneous noise very well. The silicon cushions in the hard drive cages also do their job very well, in other cases I’ve always been able to hear my 10,000rpm raptor, and in the P180 it’s barely noticeable. Its this attention to detail that deserves high praise."

2GB KINGSTON
EVGA 6800GS PCI-E
ASUS P5GD1
WD CAVIAR X2
LG DVD BURNER X2
Old 08-01-2005, 08:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master Techie

Personally I like it when my PC sounds like a freight train. And it is almost impossible to leave it on, and get any amount of sleep.
EVGA GTX 480
CORSAIR 850-HX
Old 08-02-2005, 03:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I actually changed now and it is between the slk3800b and the sonataII. I can get the sonata II for 108 and the slk3800b for 80. The 3800 has a little smaller psu but not much. It has more size so easier to cool and one more 5.25 bay.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Ya, go with the bigger one so u have more room, but i bet the sonata is quieter..i need to upgrade mine cause its onlty 16.5 inches and a new psu heatsink wont fit.
2GB KINGSTON
EVGA 6800GS PCI-E
ASUS P5GD1
WD CAVIAR X2
LG DVD BURNER X2
Old 08-03-2005, 08:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Not according to him.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:59 AM   #28 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Him Send a message via Yahoo to Him

Quote:
Originally posted by ingeborgdot
Not according to him.
You patronizing me, or are you being serious? Please dont do that, I didnt do that to you, and I was only trying to help you and not make you look like a jackass or an idiot or anything else, merely offering up my .02 for YOUR benefit.

What I didnt see about the P180 was that it was specifically designed to be quiet, by using thicker construction materials and more of them. I've never seen a case like that, so it was new to me, and I'm sure to ekaezine, so dont bite my head off. I made a mistake, I'm owning up to it right now.

Other than that, I have never seen a case that is specifically designed to be quiet, other than the really expensive Zalman TNN. I know you can get special sound dampening foam and attach it to the inside of your case (but will dramatically increase temperatures) and getting passive cooling to attain silence.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I was just having fun. You don't look like an ***. Everyone has their opinion on things. I was just having fun with you that's all. Sorry if I offended.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:36 AM   #30 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Him Send a message via Yahoo to Him

Meh, I'm just a little too defensive. The tone of writing sucks to read, you can never tell what mindset someone is in when they are typing and whether they have sarcasm or not in their voice.

It's alright.

Closed Thread