What PSU, quickly!! ordering soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuBrEy Online

In Runtime
I know before I said that I was getting the Enermax 600W NosieTaker ... but it now seems that I could be getting these quicker than I thought.

Due to the hefty price tag of the Enermax 600 Watt PSU, I was going to look for an alternative, I think 480+ is a good idea.

Reason why? ... the PSU I am currently running (350 Seasonic) is £50 GBP with a case, so it's worth round about £20/30 GBP's after overclocking a bit (222 FSB) on load I get reboots.

So a PSU it is I have made a small list of PSU's that look not bad.

Tagan TG480-U01 480W Black-Edition Silent PSU
http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/pro...e=PST-TG480-U01

HiperPower 525Watt ATX2 24Pin 23db Triple Fan PSU
http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/pro...?code=PSH-4S525

.... or should I save up for:

Cooler Master Silent Real Power 550W ATX PSU w/ Power Disp.
http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/pro...x?code=PSC-550W

I made sure these were all the better brands as oppose to any cheap-never-heard-of-ones.

I'm hoping to load this into a Thermaltake Tsumnidream.

I'd like the PSU to run 24/7 and not run up electric bills.

I'll be running (at worse case) 2 x 7800's, X2, 4 sticks of RAM 4 GB, 5 HDD's and some PCI devices I hope 500W can power these.

Agrh I'm confused. ..... so I've made a hit list!

Hiper HPU-4B580 580W Modular PSU
Cooler Master Silent Real Power 550W ATX PSU w/ Power Disp
Enermax 600W NoiseTaker

Say I was to get the Hiper one I could order it ASAP, however the 600W one I'd have to save up more.

I'll be running (at worse case) 2 x 7800's, X2, 4 sticks of RAM 4 GB, 5 HDD's and some PCI devices I hope 500W can power these.
What the hell? It looks like you're trying to put together some sort of monster computer with both high range gaming components and midrange server components. I can't possibly see the need for five hard drives unless you either download numerous large files daily (much like I do), or if you are planning some sort of RAID array. I don't even see why you're bothering with 4GB of memory unless as I said you are running a high traffic server

Either way, the last thing you want to do if you are really serious about all those components is cheap out on your power supply. I'm saying a minimum of a healthy 500watt PSU since the GeForce 7s are more power conservative than the previous cards, but you would be better with a 600watt or most definetely higher.

Infact, I had numerous professionals telling me to go no lower than a 600watt PSU to power my machine, which is even lesser than yours. Of course I am overclocking so that is a deciding factor, but still. You need to lay down at least 100 bucks in your situation for a decent unit

Thanks Gaara, best reply!

Okay what I WILL be running
2 x 7800
4 x 512 Ballistix Crucial
Samsung 160 GB (Windows)
Maxtor Maxline III 300 GB
Maxtor Maxline III 300 GB ** I might be chosing something else maybe Hitichi, not sure I'll need 1 TB at the least, HEAVY donwloading. (I'll stick more in as I use space up.)

I was thinking Hiper HPU-4B580 580W Modular PSU, I wont need anything more, really ... one DVD R/W, couple of fans.

That enermax is like a minimium

You have around 400 watts used on your 12 volt rail alone.

Hiper HPU-4B580 580W Modular PSU

and for the HDD's I'll try and get bigger sizes and less stuff, think that'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom