What are the problems with overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsko87

Daemon Poster
I want to know what problems there are with overclocking. The main problem seems to be CPU overheating.
I have a Intel Celeron 1.7GHZ (which apparently overclock well)with the original fan on an MSI MS-6524 motherboard. I dont have a system fan so can i overclock?

willsko87 said:
I want to know what problems there are with overclocking.

I'll start off in saying that I will not honor the warranty if some overclock their PCs.

There is the risk of the following :-
* Unstable system due to over heating
* The expected life span of the motherboard / cpu are reduce.
* Fried CPU and other componants.
* Voided Warranty

jaun1477 said:
plus the money it involves to get more fans and time i dont think its worth it

Yeah... Like buying a water cooling system just so you can over clock. Now that is laughible IMHO. You might as well by a faster CPU instead with that finacial out lay.

well i mean i got a watercooling system becuase my cpu was running hot. I would OC, but my mobo can only handle 2.66 and i have a 2.66 :(. I should of gotten a p4p800 for like 80 dollars.

overclocking is worth it =/ i had my 2500 running at 2.367Ghz, for the price of 90 bucks it was running faster than a chip that costs over 200 bucks, and was stable and cool (Volcano12)

just make sure you get a very good heatsing fan combo for your cpu and do the best you can for cooling the rest of the case you should be all right. just dont try to go to high with your overclocking.

yea i mean u can OC it just dont OC it like to 3.2 with a fan. If u wanna OC it that much ur gonna need to get watercooling.

How far do you think it is possible to overclock a AMD Athlon XP2500+ 1.83GHz (Barton) 333fsb using only fan cooling?

What is an acceptable temperature for this CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom