What is overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into the BIOS, and look in the advanced options. See if you're able to use the settings, such as FSB speed, VCore voltage, RAM speed and timings, etc...

yes I'm able to change v core settings... when i set it to manual I'm ... but cpu frequency multiple is disable all the time... value was 17x...
wat do u think..

So I checked.. so I'm able to make changes all field except cpu frequency multiple (but i read in that right panel that i can make changes only if it's set to jumperfree.) and i'm able to make changes in all those fields,... buddies,

Oh wait, you said CPU frequency multiple....did you mean multiplier? If so, than that's always locked, because only the extreme edition processors, have unlocked multipliers. Anyway in your situation, that wouldn't matter if you want to overclock. But what about the CPU frequency speed or FSB? Can you change that?

First off, what are your idle and load temperatures. This can give a guide to how much you can overclock. Well assuming you're using the stock cooler on this P4, you won't get very far. But at least you'll be learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom