What OC have similar systems gotten?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the HTT multipler is usually at 4 at stock ithink, and your supposed to set it at 3x whenever then FSB/HTT goes over 250. not sure what it is lol, but thats all i kniow

Well that works for me. Do you think I should leave it at 4 if I am going to try setting my HTT to 250 exactly? or should I go ahead and lower it to 3. Anyone else able to explain what exactly the HTT multiplier is/does?

Ok I tried some overclocking tonight. I am currently running at 250 htt and have some questions. I am using a 1:2 memory separator so i can see what my cpu will get up to. First what is the highest I should allow my temp to get up to?

Second is why the heck isn't prime95 working? Even with just a little overclock it crashes instantly. I would expect it to crash where i am at right now but it does it instantly with basically nothing. Am i doing something wrong?

Also I still need someone to tell me what the htt multiplier is and what it effects. Right now at 250 i still have it set to 4.

Lastly when I start to see what I can do with my ram should I adjust any of its timings or just leave them at auto? I tried setting a 5:6 ratio but that wouldn't start even when I was at 240 for some reason. Anyway, any more advice people can give would be much appreciated.

I have messed around some more and I think I am going to leave it at 250. It works at 253 but dies any higher than that unless i went even higher with my voltage and i am probably as hot as i should go.

My new problem is that my ram is being stupid. Everything works when set to 2:1 cpu/ram but when I set it to any other setting it crashes on me. even at 133 it dies and that is below what it is rated for. Any ideas what could be causing this or any other suggestions? Thanx.

Ok explain this to me:

I have overclocked my htt to 245. I can't even load into windows with any memory divider other than 2:1 cpu:ram except......... 1:1!!!! I am running fine at a 1:1 ratio which is great but wtf?? I can't even load windows with a 9:10, 5:6, etc. so why would 1:1 work? I am happy to just stay at 245 which gives me about 2.7 ghz since my ram and cpu both run well right now with the 1:1 ratio but still I would love it if someone could explain my situation to me.

what i did was i was impatient like u and i pushed it in 100mhz blocks. then i would only raise the vcore when i had to.
but smaller blocks is much safer and doing what i did was stupid as i can't afford to replace anyhting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom