What Motherbaord belongs in this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajete

In Runtime
I just bought a Mirco ATX case... I can't find the motherboards to it.

Can anyone tell me if it's AMD socket or Intel Socket. And the Socket number.

I have attached pictures.

cf1089-b.jpg

cf1089-s.jpg

No need to have this thread in two different parts of the forums.... I answered your question on the other thread... PS the socket is what the CPU amount of pins is to go into the socket on the mobo. I can tell you are new to building pcs so if you are going to build it yet make sure everything is compatible... What you look for is

1. The Motherboard Type.... If the case requires Micro ATX make sure the mobo is Micro ATX

2. The Socket Type... Now take that compatible ATX and look for the socket type if it is the same as the CPU socket that is good too.

3. Video Card Slot... Look at the type of video card slot it on the Motherboard (They're two kinds, AGP and PCI-Express) make sure it is the same as the Video Card you are buying (If any)

4. Ram Slot Type... This is your DDR slots or Memory Slots the spec on the Motherboard might say just make sure that if you are running AMD that you get a Ram and Motherboard combo that is DDR xxx ALTHOUGH if it is AM2 socket CPU or an Intel CPU get DDR2 xxx The x's are also important that is the speed that the Ram runs at (average now is DDR 400) make sure your Motherboard supports that speed.

5. Now this is not a compatibility issue but something to look over... If you are not planning on buying a video card make sure your Motherboard has onboard video or you won't be able to hook up your monitor.

-Hope this helps but next time don't make two threads on the same topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom