What MOBO is right for me and my processor???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeyman2

Baseband Member
I just purchased a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz Prescott with Hyper Threading and 1 Meg cache, 800 MHz, 478pin. Now I am looking for a motherboard that will take full advantage of the processors capability. What would you recommend? I need one with a PCI slot for my graphics card.

Thank you!

PCI? Graphics? Do you have a PCI graphics card, or PCI Express? If you have a PCI card its quite old, of you have a PCI Express, its quite new.
Im no expert on Pentium motherboards, but on paper this one looks ok:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-464&depa=0

Look for Prescott support, Dual Channel DDR 400, SATA RAID, ATA 133 RAID, 800mhz FSB, Intel I875P Chipset, Gigabit LAN. All those features will take advantage of that processor. One thing that wont take advantage of that processor is a PCI graphics card. Take another look at it and make sure its PCI, or PCI Express.

Wayne

Thank you for the reply. I mistyped when I said PCI, it is an AGP, my old one was PCI I think. Sorry about that.

Thank you again!

Since im no expert on pentium 4 motherboards, i suggest you get a second opinion because that one looks good on paper, so look around for some reviews, benchmarks etc.

Wayne

Asus P4C800-E Delux is a quality board and well priced. I am of course bias because I am getting that one, but it has a lot of great features for the price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom