What memory does my MOBO support

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatdawg16

Solid State Member
I have a aopen MX4SGVI-4DN2 MOBO and i dont know what kind of RAM it supports, this is what it says in the manual:

Memory

With Intel 865GV Chipset, this MOBO can support dual channel (DDR) RAM. The dual channel mode allows chipsets to get data in 128 bits and zero ait state bursting between RAM. The data transfer at 266/333/400Mhz. The fou slots of DDR SDRAM can be composed of an arbityary mixture of 64,128,256,512, or 1024 DDR SDRAM and maximun up to 4 GB.

DIMM Sockets

This MOBO has four 184-pin DDR DIMM sockets that allow you to install 128-bit dual channel DDR400, DDR333 or DDR266 memory up to 4GB. Only non-ECC DDR SDRAM is supported. Please install suitible modules; otherwise serious damage may occur on memory sockets or ram modules.

Warning: This MOBO supports DDR SDRAM. Please do not install the SDRAM in the DDR SDRAM sockets; otherwise it will cause serious damage on the memory socket or SDRAM module.

what is the difference between DDR SDRAM and SDRAM? and what memory types does my MOBO support?

SDRAM is an older type of memory which doesn't really feature in newer systems nowadays. It stands for Synchronious Dynamic RAM. DDR RAM comes in 3 main flavours: PC2100, PC 2700 and PC 3200. Those are 266, 333 and 400 mhz respectively. So your system can use those 3 types of RAM. You have 4 DIMM slots on your motherboard (memory slots) and you can put sticks from 64-1024MB of RAM in to those slots. Technically you can have any variety but in practice it's best to have sticks from the same manufacturer and of the same specification.

Hope that helps. If you need any more info please say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom