Techist - Tech Forum

Techist - Tech Forum (http://www.techist.com/forums/)
-   Overclocking and Modding (http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   what kind of power suply (http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/what-kind-power-suply-62887/)

pliaco 08-17-2005 08:16 PM

what kind of power suply
 
hi im building a comp and i've had some problems trying to figure out with kind of power suply i need for a 2.5 p4. and also how many fans do u guys have on your comps?

Trotter 08-17-2005 08:39 PM

Quote:

kind of power suply i need for a 2.5 p4.
As big as you can afford.

Quote:

and also how many fans do u guys have on your comps?
As many as we can attach to our cases.

turtile 08-17-2005 09:54 PM

What are the other components in your setup? If it has intergrated graphics and so on, the you'll only need 350 watts. (make sure it has a lot of ampage though)

pliaco 08-17-2005 11:51 PM

i have an nvidia 5900 256 agp ultra and 1 gig of ram

Grayfox 08-17-2005 11:57 PM

Antec 380W ture power. (My buddy has a X850xtpe amd athlon 3200+ and 3hdds running off one rails are stable and hes had no issues)

pliaco 08-18-2005 02:05 AM

the thing is that antec is pretty expensive i know they're worth it but im on a low budget. I was checking out this case " http://www.edazz.com/raho28gr0jas.html " and thinking of adding two more fans to it ....

would this 380w power suply do the job? even though its not really brand name?

Counter-Strike 08-18-2005 07:54 AM

I am going with what Trotter said, he speaks the truth.

And I could get more case fans in my comp (4 total) but they wouldn't serve a purpose as they have objects in front of them.

Grayfox 08-18-2005 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pliaco
the thing is that antec is pretty expensive i know they're worth it but im on a low budget. I was checking out this case " http://www.edazz.com/raho28gr0jas.html " and thinking of adding two more fans to it ....

would this 380w power suply do the job? even though its not really brand name?


:/ Raidmax they use powmax psus (Rebranded ones)
How about this one 320W enermax
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817103449

Ste 08-19-2005 12:56 AM

I get a headache seeing how many times people wanna use a PSU that comes with the case.

most PSU's that comes with cases are the ****.

and I mean that in a bad way.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.