What happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
you shorten the life of your cpu, and you void your warranty but no one cares lol.

you can damage it if your not donig it right too overheating and burning it

How would you known if you overclocked your cpu? If you've OCed you know that you have, therefore you know that you've voided your warranty. You can kill your CPU if temps get to high, and therefore computer won't boot.

Depends on the CPU. Pentium 4 Presscots are fine at 50*C, Athlon 64s usually go to 40*C. P4s can go to 60*C but it gets uncomfortable. Same with Athlon 64s.

PZEROFGH said:
and you void your warranty but no one cares lol.
I do.

If you OCing, it best not to get caught by the people that sold you your computer.

I tend to check these things when some one that seems to be going through a LOT of computer parts on the one system.

I know if I don't check, normally the people at my suppliers or manufactures end will.

if you are going to OC your computer, make sure you restore all your setting back to default before calming warranty.
I have cause a few people out on switching dip switches on motherboard.

I had a net cafe / gaming lounge that was constantly giving me problems as he was OCing

OCer :- But the computer has always been like that.
ME :- Bull$#!+. I personally built that system, and i know that I did not have that dip switch set to that value. And dip switch don't just move by themselves.

but usually ppl OC there custom made one, so they made it there selves, so if they are going to OC they just need to return the cpu ;)

PZEROFGH said:
but usually ppl OC there custom made one, so they made it there selves, so if they are going to OC they just need to return the cpu ;)
I make custom PC for people.

I remember getting this one quote where some one asked me to over clock the CPU for them. (YEAH RIGHT!)

And I love the number of people that are picky on CPU Batch Numbers / Batch Dates. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom