What does OC mean on Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

activ

Beta member
Hi, I am about to purchase a radeon x850xt pe OC, the seller says he did not overlock the card, but who did, factory? I dont know what overlocked means but is it safe to buy a video card that is OC?
Thanks

its factory overclocked. the OC is written on the box right? so i dont think the seller would spend the time to make a new box just to let every1 know its overclocked. and overclock means that the core and memory speeds of the card are higher then the stock speeds of the chip. if its factory oced u wont have a probelm because the manufacturers provide enough cooling for the oced card. when u oc the card generates more heat. hense the better cooling the card manufacturer provides.

i have never heard of a factory oc x850xt pe, THERE IS NO SUCH THING. bfg is a factory oc'er' and they try to make some extra money off it lol. but there is no x850xt pe oc on the planet

MOST LIKLEY HE IS INCLUDING OC IN THE TITLE TO HINT AROUND THAT IT IS A GOOD OVERCLOCKER. I MEAN DUH I WOULD LOL

SO YES HE PROUBLY OVERCLOCKED IT. OH YA! IF PZERO IS READING THIS SORY FOR CAPS, AND I THINK I DIDNT DOUBLE POST, OH AND THIS IS IN THE RIGHT SECTION TO.

burned-ati said:
i have never heard of a factory oc x850xt pe, THERE IS NO SUCH THING.
just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean there's no such thing.
although yes I think it is doubtful that there is one.

he may or may not have overclocked it, but it shouldn't affect the product much if at all if he has. the life of a computer component is usually a very long time (thousands of years) unless it's a mechanical device like a hard drive. assuming that nothing bad happens to them of course (static electricity, overheating, chip creep)

Tahanks to all, I just heard if someone Oclocks a card than it may be "fried" so I was a little skeptical about the purchase, but now I tell him that it does not come factory OC, and he says that it is not overlocked just PE Quote"I thought that PE was OC already"

Do you think I shoulg go on and buy the card?
Thanks

Which do you have - pci- express or agp?
If pci-express - bad idea in my opinion. How much are you getting it for? You could get a 6800GS for 200$ or a 7800GT for 300$ and they both out perform it, I believe
If agp, I still think it's a bad idea. If you want to stick with agp, I'd say just get a 6600GT, it's a very good card for only 150$ or less. Wont be as good as the x850xt (Don't think so atleast lol), but since the x850xt is like 400$, you save 250$ and get a good quality video card still.
If you don't want to get the 6600GT and you DO have agp, post back with your components (CPU, motherboard, etc.)

yea i doubt overclocking effects chips, i hate it when people are like i want to overclock but i dont want to fry any thing lol retarded lol

There are no factory overclocked ATI cards. As of now, ATI does not allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom