what do you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

allm0t0rsir

Baseband Member
this is my first time trying to come up with parts for my comp and this is what i cam up with this will be used for gaming and other stiff thats why i need alot of ram. AMD Athlon XP 2600+ "Barton", 333 FSB, 512K Cache Processor - Retail
Kingston ValueRAM Dual Channel Kit 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail
Seagate 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model ST3120026A, OEM
Seagate 200GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model ST3200822A, OEM
Lite On Black 52X CD-ROM, Model LTN526S/LTN526D , Full OEM Pack
Lite-On Black IDE Internal DVD-RW/+RW Drive, Model LDW-811S/LDW-851S BLK, Retail
Samsung Black 52X24X52X16 CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive, Model SM-352BENB BLACK

All I need is a video card and a sound card what do you guys think?

You are building quite the system, to be on par with the gamming rig aspect, DO NOT go cheap on the video card, something with 256Mbs and 8x, and spend the money, it wont be cheap, but remember a video card can make a huge defferance on gamming performance weather or not you want all of the fancy pants inputs and outputs, like S-vedio and TV-out is up too you, you might be able to save a few bucks. As far as sound cards go, a sound card is just that, again fancy things like 5.1 audio or medi input is up too you and what you have, if you do not plan on hooking up your home theater system to it, or plan on recording some type of musical instrument, go with the mid level priced one. things like how loud it will play will depend on the speakers and the wattage of the amplifer that they come with.

what motherboard are you going with?
I'm partial to asus mobo's and I'd recommend the a7n8x model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom