What to do, What to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

xteam02001

In Runtime
You see, i have this blowdryer fan. It is very very powerful. it can be used as an exhaust or intake fan. it may be even used as a cpu cooler. Its loouuddd too. I wanted to know what i should use it for. I have a stock heatsinkfan on my AMD 2500+ it is overclocked to 2.2ghz and the temp is 34c idle and 54c load. i have 2 powerful exhaust fans that were from an old slot A heatsink, one 80mm intake fan, and of course one psu fan. My case is very large too. it is an old server size case. check out the pics:

insidesmall.jpg

bottominsidesmall2.jpg

Here is my video card cooler:
videocardcoolersmall.jpg

Here is a picture of the two exhaust fans:
fanmod.jpg

oh yeah, here is the fan, this little thing can move alot of air. I don't know how to measure the cfm of a fan, if one of you could tell me that would be awesome.

fanfrontsidesmall.jpg

fanrearsmall.jpg

fanfinssmall.jpg

holy crap!!! that thing would be annoying to listen to, my suggestion would be to make a little frame for ir and put it over the cpu heatsink.

btw, that case is H_U_G_E!!!

jaksback said:
holy crap!!! that thing would be annoying to listen to, my suggestion would be to make a little frame for ir and put it over the cpu heatsink.

btw, that case is H_U_G_E!!!

I thought the same thing about the noise. I thought since my computer is already really really loud another loud fan wouldnt hurt. I am thinking about making the frame for it. i've seen some fan adapters that might work. And yes my case is rather large. It was my dads old computer that i upgraded. I barely fits under my desk.

pop it on the side of your case right in front of the cpu as an intake. I'd bet 20 bucks you would get better temps, And maybe a hearing aid.

That might take some cutting or drilling though.

b4 u even stick it in your computer make sure it doesn't use magnets in the motor...if you use it as a CPU fan and it shoots out EMI's or w/e there called you are asking for trouble. easiest way is to hold it infront of your monitor screen...if it distorts the image then it's not computer friendly...a regular computer fan is computer safe and can be used, not sure if blow-dryer motors are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom