Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Travisx01

Solid State Member
A friend and I just built his PC.

Mobo: CHAINTECH nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "7NJL1-APOGEE"

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ "Barton", 400 FSB, 512K Cache Processor - OEM

RAM: Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200

POWER: Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W with Black housing - Xaser Edition ATX 2-Fan Power Supply

VIDEO: CHAINTECH nVIDIA GeForce FX5700 ULTRA Video Card, 128MB DDRII, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "AA5700U"

CASE: Thermaltake Black Gaming Tower XaserV Series WinGo Full-Tower Case, Model "V7000A"

HS/FAN: AeroCool "Glacier" CPU Cooler for Socket A/ 370

HD: Samsung 80 GB 7200 RPM

CD/R: Sony cdr and a samsung cd rom

My question is we are using DigiDoc to monitor Cpu temp and its coming in at anywhere from 55C - 65C I'm guessing thats pretty hot when running at idle and normal clock speed. The cpu fan is supposed to run 2400 to 3400 rpm but digidoc reads it at 2600, and never raises. Can I speed this fan up manually? And also even at 2600 should it run at this temp? In Bios the temp is slightly lower.

Could It be a poor application of thermal paste(Silver induced)? Or could having to many fans cause temps to raise? 5 fans for the case, 1 on heat sink, 2 for power supply, 1 on the nforce chipset, 2 on the Video card, and 2 on a fan card aimed at Video Card(13 total) Some of these fans have knobs to increase intake and outake of airflow, when speeding the fans up my cpu temp rises according to digidoc?!? The case has 3 intake fans and 3 outake fans (counting PS Fan).

Any ideas? Thanks.

Would the hsf come with an adjusting knob? Or do you have to set it up specifically? Because there is no physicall adjusters for it.

I am targetting 40 C

only some CPU fans come with a fan controller. Most fans are just automatic and there at there highest all the time.. meaning there is no knob. Most of the fans that have knobs are made by thermaltake. I think there pretty pointless but.. who knows u may need it for some reason.

I think where you're getting confused is that they have 2 versions of the glacier the loud one(3400 rpm) and the silent solution one(2400rpm). You have the "silent" one. I bought that one on my first build just 3 months ago and it didn't perform as well as I wanted, keeping my temps at about 45. My guess is that with your faster cpu, that's what is making it so hot. But it also could be because other factors like the heatsink not seated correctly, wrong application of thermal compound, hot air being recirculated onto your cpu (likely b/c of how many fans you have. hard to tell where the air is being pushed).

Try just using 1 intake and 2 out. It doesn't matter too much if the small ones for your graphics card are on. See what that does. Reseat hs and thermal compound.

If all that doesn't change temps, then look into buying a new heatsink. Thermalright sp-97 with a silenx 92mm fan will do the trick.

I suggested that my friend get a fan to replace the glaciers fan. I thought that there was only 1 version of the glacier, by the way they showed it on aerocools site. The specs I suggested were 80 MM 6000RPM or more With a large CFM rate. I think he would be happier with a cool PC than a silent one (their silent solution is a CPU malfunction LOL)

Finding a cheap 80 MM fan shouldnt be a problem but if there is any suggestions, I would highly appreciate. :) Thanks!

double check your temps in BIOS. use high quality paste like artic silver white ceramique. i think it is your heatsink/ fan, try remounting it and check if you have it throttled down in BIOS. not sure if 2700rpm is low....

I Agree with steven1110. What does your airflow situation look like. Are you running "case open"? Sometimes you may have a good HS/Fan solution but the hot air is not being moved out of the case, but instead just routed right back over the proc and motherboard. Also you might check with the mainboard mfr. to see if there are any issues with temp reporting on the current bios.

55 is perfect temp 59 and bellow is fine. Its perfect, if you worrie your crazy. cores melt at 85 and have atou shut down at 75. but i still like to keep mine under 60 but 55 that is a good temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom