what components should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
were going to be purchasing parts to build a comp and hopefully this time it will work but im still in learning process and i have learned alot from just one build. OKay heres the question what should we use to build this comp? its not for anything special however i would like to be able to use it for gaming when a friend comes over, other then that my parents will use it to type and browse the internet. I already have the case, powersupply, dvd rw drive, floppy drive. This computer is only going to be used for mostly browsing the internet but i want it so when a friend comes to lan he doesnt have to bring his comp he can use this one. So i want to know if i should do an amd proccesor? and also what you guys reccomend. I need the motherboard, cpu, memory, harddrive, and videocard. Im looking to spend about 700 at most since this is parents budget for their comp.

So you need... mobo, HDD, CPU, RAM, GPU and accessories?

$100 mobo
$100 CPU
$100 RAM
$80 HDD
$150 GPU
$50 accessories

leaves some room. I would go Asus (A7N8X) or Abit mobo (NF-7 maybe), 2500-2800 AMD XP, 512 corsair or kingston RAM, 80GB HDD and maybe a 9600XT vid card. Do you need monitor and peripherals as well?

I dont need any accesories all i need is the motherboard, hd, cpu, ram, and video card. the video card nor cpu needs to be that fast i was thinking 2.8 or 3 ghz ht. and the videocard probably use the 9200 ati. I already have everything that i need and thensome to build the computer i just need these 5 items.

Also i was thinking about using the amd proccesor. the athlon 64?how reliable are these compared to p4?

700bucks will do me for these 5
Motherboard-what motherboard?
cpu-amd athlon 3400+??
memory-Kingston 512mb 120$
videocard-ati 9200 100$
harddrive- wd 20gb 60$

so basically what motherboard for the cpu?

U say that u don't need a fast processor or display card ..n' u choose the 3400+ ... :confused:

Anywayz ..i think sharpnil's suggestion's good enough ...

Also if u could mention what exactly u intend to do withthis machine (in the sense ..what's it gonna be used for mainly) ..We would would find it much easier to make suggestions

Shrapnill said:
So you need... mobo, HDD, CPU, RAM, GPU and accessories?

$100 mobo
$100 CPU
$100 RAM
$80 HDD
$150 GPU
$50 accessories

leaves some room. I would go Asus (A7N8X) or Abit mobo (NF-7 maybe), 2500-2800 AMD XP, 512 corsair or kingston RAM, 80GB HDD and maybe a 9600XT vid card. Do you need monitor and peripherals as well?

512 ram i think is more then a 100 dollars? im not sure but i tought it was.. Yea but i mean if u want a monitor and all that other stuff... i think ur gonna be spending more then 700 dollars. Also isan't Kingston ram 512 more then 100 dollars? I haven't checked the ram prices recently but when i got my stick of kingston.. It was like 120 130 around there..

Okay- check it.

All from www.newegg.com :

Processor- AMD XP 2800+ Barton - $121
Mobo - ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe - $114
HDD - Seagate 80GB IDE - $69
Vid Card - Celestica 9600XT Retail - $158

Now... this leaves like $240 for RAM. SO-

RAM - (2x) 256MB Corsair XMS PC3200 (run in dual channel) - $164

Total: $626.00 + shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back