What can you do to an old iBook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starkmann

Baseband Member
I acquired an old iBook, white body,smooth finish. I'm intending on using it to do some playing and learning on, but I'm not above breaking it. I'm trying to think of cosmetic type things I could do to a computer of this type. Any ideas?

How bout taking all the components out and placing it in an aluminum briefcase. Put the lcd on the inside top so when you swing it open you can still use it as a lappy. :D

Great ideas. I gotta say the brief case thing is super cool. I think I'm gonna go with the paint job first. Then, when I'm done playing with that, briefcase away.

of course I'll still take suggestions.

any good ruggedized options? I'm a weightlifter and stuff. It would be fun to tote in some ghastly looking thing but then boot it up and show it off a bit.

You could see if you can fit your components into a 10lb protein bottle, then see if you can mount the lcd some way. It would be really weird to carry around, but hecka cool when you show your buddies.

or

you can build a laptop case out of diamond plate. it'll probably be heavy as s*it but definitely sweet.

You could see if you can fit your components into a 10lb protein bottle, then see if you can mount the lcd some way. It would be really weird to carry around, but hecka cool when you show your buddies.

lol...i would just luagh at someone who did that.....it would be too weird....but i like the briefcase idea....or you could just sand the outside of the ibook off....to take off the white paint then paint it like matte silver and camo......that would look tight.

if u do the briefcase thing u have to mount a little 8" screen on the out side nder plexi glass and have it going through you pictures or have a touch screen one and use it as a dedicated interface for the music then put the laptop components and screen on the inside with two large speakers :D

hmammen said:
lol...i would just luagh at someone who did that.....it would be too weird....but i like the briefcase idea....or you could just sand the outside of the ibook off....to take off the white paint then paint it like matte silver and camo......that would look tight.

i didnt say it wasnt weird. im just thinking outside the box. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom