What can I do with these..

Status
Not open for further replies.

supacow

Banned
I have a brand new box AMD Sempron 2400+ and an ECS board. Is it possible to OC with these two components???

I guess. Technically you can overclock anything as long as the BIOS has enough options in it for you to safely do so and your chips Multiplier is atleast unlocked helps greatly too. I suggest you look into what kind of BIOS options that board has. You'll need to adjust CPU FSB, RAM Timings, All voltages, need to be able to lock the AGP and PCI Bus and change your Multiplier and those are general basics needed really.

You need to read the sticky at the top of these forums labeled 'BASICS TO OVERCLOCKING'..........that'd be a good starters place as there's no point in me sitting here explaining it. Good luck though and once you've got the basics down then start asking questions, gathering info, etc...etc....

yea defo read the sticky and go to as many differet sites as possible,i read up on overclocking for a month or so before even attemting it ,now im an overclocking junky just like nubius (oh no sorry nubius is the fan junky) different sites will give different info so youll get a better grasp at what is going on before attemting it, its all to easy to blow something.

lol no I'm the OC junky too now. It took me about a month or so of reading too to be completely comfortable to OC. I currently running 13.5x200 - 2.7GHz mlr.....stable for 3 hours prime95 thus far and I'm pretty sure it's going to remain that way :D I keep putting off the home business cause I keep messing with my OC everyday trying to get it stable.....I'm past the fans part :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom