what is the best cpu for playing games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all about the graphics card. I remember when UT 2003 came out and i wanted to play the game but i was sitting on a 733 P3 with a crappy graphics card. All i did was change out the basic card with a Radeon 9000 pro 128MB and i was instantly able to play the game. I eventually upgraded to a 2200+ and didnt notice the same jump from just upgrading the graphics card. So just get a nice card for gamming and a cpu thats around 2Ghz

I wasn't talking about AMD processors. I was talking about Intel processors. The only Intel processors with hyper threading are the ones with an 800mhz FSB. And yes, I'm well aware that the the Athlon 64s are backward compatible with 32-bit applications (obviously they are or it would be the same concept as running PC3500 memory on a PC3200 board). What I meant was that there is no 64-bit operating system that has been publically released yet. BTW...the FX-51 has an integrated FSB.

AMD doesn't overheat that easily.. And intel overprices their stuff.. You can build a cheap comp with a AMD processor and get good performance..

koomba said:
Actually he was right, cause the 'C' denotes that its the 3rd generation p4s, with ht and 800 fsb. But might need to clarify it still. :D

Every now and then I get something right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom