WEll - Ive Learnt My Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Well i just ordered my pc and because of my budget i went to the motherboard section over at scan.co.uk found a suitabely priced mobo then went onto Gigabyte's website and checked its compatibility with the rest of the hard ware, and it was compatible so i ordered it. Along with that an E6300 because of its great overclocking oppertuinities.... Now i just read up on a revieq clicked on overclockign and i see this '' Well this is dissapointing - The BIOS does not support and opclocking options , just simple RAM timings tweaks :angry: ''. God Dam it thats a bugger.

Owell i'll just have to put up with stock speed which i HOPE is quick enough to play good up and coming games... we shall see.

OR they send the wrong one and i end up being able to overlcokc :p.

ive learnt my lesson and next time My system will fit around my motherboard....... not the other way around.

Thanks

Well i just ordered my pc and because of my budget i went to the motherboard section over at scan.co.uk found a suitabely priced mobo then went onto Gigabyte's website and checked its compatibility with the rest of the hard ware, and it was compatible so i ordered it. Along with that an E6300 because of its great overclocking oppertunities.... Now i just read up on a revieq clicked on overclockign and i see this '' Well this is dissapointing - The BIOS does not support any overclocking options , just simple RAM timings tweaks :angry: ''. God Dam it thats a bugger.

Owell i'll just have to put up with stock speed which i HOPE is quick enough to play good up and coming games... we shall see.

OR they send the wrong one and i end up being able to overlcokc :p.

ive learnt my lesson and next time My system will fit around my motherboard....... not the other way around.

Sorry Double Post, Now ive lernt two lessons, Never click a button twice :p

Why not just send it back and get another one? Besides, you'll barely be able to tell the difference in your speeds until you hit a marginal overclock so it won't affect you too much.

Thats a bummer, i dont think scan would even take it back because once a pc component is taken out of its anti static wrapping they dont like having things back incase static has damaged it in anyway.

Hard luck chap, as you said, lesson learnt

Use Newegg next time. Though what COD2_fanatic said is true, you should be fine for a while as far as CPU speed goes.

clockgen maybe?

goldraine said:
Use Newegg next time. Though what COD2_fanatic said is true, you should be fine for a while as far as CPU speed goes.

they dont ship to the UK.

joshd said:
they dont ship to the UK.

Ah, didn't realize thats where is was located. Well at the very least he could look up the part in question for reviews...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom