Well, it is almost done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did that case come with grommets for the tubing holes? Or are those holes not sharp enough to damage the tubing?

The holes did have grommets and they're already smooth from the factory. The grommets were too tight with the 1/2" hoses, so I removed them. I ordered elbow barbs so that I could have my rad turned the other way, but just like the hermie clamps they sent me instead of the traditional clamps, something got messed up. I decided to go ahead anyway.

@ S0ULphIRE -Thank you very much for your kind words, they mean alot. It's not finished yet, but it is well enough along now, that I'm not ashamed to be proud of it. I even gave it a name, just like my M-249 when I was in the Army....

Like I said, I am open to suggestions, tips, and tricks as this is only my fourth LC build (second for myself). You have mobile/notebook modding questions, I've got answers, but when it comes to desktop liquid cooling from scratch I know enough to honestly say that I'm still newbish. I will say that I'll probably stick with desktops from now on, as there is so much more room to work with and so many more resources.

:cry:

I added a 120mm case intake fan on the window. I went extremely slow with a block of wood underneath and a leveler to ensure that I was working on a level and supported surface and it still made two small cracks(not very large though and definitely not noticeable) . The gpu temps went down some though, as well as TMPIN0-TMPIN2 in hardware monitor. I assume that the TMPIN temps correspond as follows, TMPIN0-cpu, TMPIN1-northbridge, TMPIN2-motherboard. Is this correct?

I can't tell you what TMPIN0 - TMPIN2 are without looking at a screenshot, and then I'll just be guessing. It seems that your mobo must be a new model and HWMonitor doesn't know what sensors are for what components. HWMonitor is about due for an update :D

I hope this helps. I know that it's different for every computer, but everest isn't very specific either. Using everest ultimate as the basis for comparison and deduction, I can only guess that's how the numbers correspond. I'll post a HWMonitor screen for you Slay, and as always thank you for any help you can provide.

---edit...Okay I'm looking at the LCD tool and it's telling me(temps) that TMPIN0=CPU overall, TMPIN1=???,TMPIN02=System Temp. Not sure if TMPIN1 is the Intel NB or the Nvidia SB... The DR. MOS (Mosfets) are 25c-30c.

Attachments

• HWmonitor.jpg
    HWmonitor.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 161
TMPIN0 is probaby the CPU socket temperature. There is a sensor on the mobo inside the socket. This is not the actual temp of the cpu.

TMPIN01 is probably the Mosfets. They get hot, if DR. MOS says 25-30C then I understand why I've never heard of DR. MOS as I'm sure that's not correct.

TMPIN02 is probably the System or NB temp. The SB doesn't get that hot so it probably doesn't have a sensor.

This is where I get the DrMos from... It's on the Ferrite Chokes, and I assume the LCD is referring to the Mosfets. The LCD displays temperatures for 10 of them ranging from 25c-30c, and it's hooked directly into the motherboard via a proprietary panel on the back. The temperatures for cpu and system are in line for what HWMonitor is displaying on the desktop for TMPIN0 and TMPIN2.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 158
I don't know about the LCD Display, but 37C sounds appropriate for the Mosfets. It's even a pretty cool temp for the Mosfets especially considering the fact that your watercooling (no heatsink fan to blow air on them).

Hmmm, I see. Thanks for your help with this Slay, I guess we'll have to wait for the update in order to know for sure. Can anyone suggest to me compatible northbridge(Intel P55), southbridge(Nvidia NF200), and mosfet waterblocks? Thats also in the planned upgrade path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom