Well, it is almost done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHA! Now your scores are toast for sure lol

Thats what I'm hoping for. That is why we are here after all. If and when you do, I'll congratulate you and you know that.... As well I expect the same. By the way, I ordered a GTX 460 today for PhysX....yay!!! If NV comes out with a decent refresh (lower power consumption/ heat to performance ratio) I may go green. Then I'll smoke you on your own turf....hahahaha.

Last update until I get my secondary GPU back.
DSC00714.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

I can't say I'm a fan of the (excessive in my opinion) use of metal fittings and connectors and such where I really don't see an actual need.

I can't say I'm a fan of the (excessive in my opinion) use of metal fittings and connectors and such where I really don't see an actual need.

I'm actually glad to hear that, as I got them to please my eyes. I do appreciate your input though. It will be that much easier to modify the loop once I get the chipset and mosfets on water, and with the fittings I have enough room to pull out the res/pumps without having excessive tubing like you brought to my attention before. I assure you there is a method to my madness friend...

I hear the criticisms from you and for that I thank you, but no positives or encouragement for the things I did do right. Is there nothing about my rig that your even remotely fond of? Or are you always too correct to congratulate someone else?

Also, to address the need for compression fittings or the lack thereof.... The purpose of this rig is "overkill" and "excess", so "more than what was actually needed" was always the vision I had with this rig. Soon it will be complete, unique, and spanking serious tail....

I like it, I like the blue, I just find the RAD placement odd, and the amount of fittings awkward.

Alright, thank you. I would be glad to address your points. The rad placement is optimized for the highest point of airflow as well as to help exhaust more air through the case in an upward direction. What might be hard to see is that there are two rads, one inside the case, as well as one on the outside with tubing running as straight as possible between the rad and the gpu(s). If you look closely, you will see that I took your past suggestion into account, cleaned up the loop, shortened the length of tubing, and straightened the flow path between the radiator and the gpu(s). As for the fittings, they were done with my future upgrade path in mind as well as optimal length for removing the reservoirs...not only that but they give me the right spacing and angles for the least amount of impedance of airflow, and I find them more appealing than some might. I would have mounted a rad in the back but I already have plans for that exhaust fan port, and it's a little too weak to support the larger rad that Ill be getting for the video cards in the near future. Not only that but the way the outer rad is mounted it's secure enough that I can lift the case by it, so I don't have worry about it ever going anywhere like I would had I mounted it on the back of the case.

Well i hope that my effort to clear the air has done just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom